When Denis and I finished our marathon last October, we were slightly svelte. Hoping to stay that way, we started training for the next one. I got broken and Denis was really just doing it for me, so bye-bye marathon training, hello not thin anymore. We remained un-thin for the remainder of the school year. When summer hit, we were able to start losing some weight--then we went to London, where the food is obnoxiously expensive, and not even remotely worth it in taste. That, combined with walking miles each day (and a sweet case of food poisoning) we were in a good position. For the 12 days we were home between London and Japan, we never had time to eat, even better. We actually ate a lot in Japan, but everything we ate was so good for us (and again, combined with an absurd amount of miles walked each day). By the time we got to China, we were looking good. For the first month we were here, Denis couldn't eat because he was so stressed out with teaching. He was becoming a waif. I was scared of eating anything, so I was the thinnest I have been in a long time. But then things started to changed. Suddenly the food wasn't so scary anymore and the stress wasn't so apparent. Uh-oh. I also found the joys of M&Ms. I never really ate these at home. But I felt the need to have a bag a day here . . . oops.
By the time we left for Singapore, we weren't fat or anything, but we weren't as thin as we were before. Singapore took care of that. It was the end of all my clothes fitting well. All we did was eat. It was so good. And we ate at some really sketchy places, so that by the time we got home from our trip, nothing scared us anymore. We started eating anything and everything.
Like today, we were eating lunch. I picked something up with my chopsticks, and asked everyone what it was. No one could answer me, so I ate it. It was okay--maybe some kind of pan-fried pork. I don't know. I'd probably eat it again.
Maybe this vacation will help me. I can't keep my jacket on 16 hours a day. Oh, woe is I. But at least my stomach is happy : )

2 comments:
NBW, as confucius says.."fatness be in the eyes of the beholder." This is just plain kewl stuff...and no one can ever take this way from you.
: ) I think I ate even more in Hong Kong, but we walked/hiked so much that it counteracted it. God, I love eating! How are you enjoying the delicacies found in the WPHS cafe . . . I guess that was a little mean. Whippany's cafeteria kicks the arse of Shanghai High School's cafeteria, by a lot. But at least SHS's shite food is free . . . that makes it taste a little better. Hope all is well!
Post a Comment