Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Travel Like I Have Never Traveled Before

Life has been a bit crazy recently . . . mostly due to an odd school schedule. We have to teach for a few days and then we have a few days off, repeat, then finals. I feel like I am in some kind of weird school Twilight Zone. But the traveling has made it all worth it (even if I can't get off the couch now).

We spent Christmas in Beijing, which was beyond amazing. We loved it. More to come when I have time to upload pictures.

For New Year's we went to Xi'an . . . not so amazing. It was one of the most polluted places I have ever been to, and the people were some of the meanest and cheapest I have encountered. That being said, I don't regret the trip. If I had not gone there, I know I would have always felt like I was missing something (and now I know that I wasn't : ) I guess part of it might have been the weather--maybe if we had gone in the spring or summer, we would have felt differently. Oh well, I have Taiwan and Hong Kong to look forward to (and I am already planning for the end of the school year and some of the short breaks during the second semester--If anyone has any suggestions, let me know).

It is going to be good to see some family again, too.

I'll try to get a bunch of pictures up soon. Oh, and by the way, those are NOT my Flickr photos (just in case your were silly enough to think that). I can't get the connection between my Flickr account and Blogspot to work (I miss Wordpress).

Hope everyone had a great New Year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are awesome. It’s amazing how a place can be ancient and modern at the same time. I love the terracotta warriors and the scenery is breathtaking. Have fun!!! Love you both

Mom

Uncle Charlie said...

It's AM Wed. and I wanted to wish you all a great day and be careful on your bikes.... wear helmets... Love Uncle Charlie ; )