Friday, November 14, 2008

Getting a Little Un-Lazier . . .

And yes, I mean un-lazy . . . as in de-lazying myself.

So I my alarm clock went off at 5:45 and I was quite sad about it. So I left for five more minutes and then hauled my arse out of bed, brushed my teeth, and threw on my running clothes.

Hmmm . . . it was 6:01 and no running partner. I listened at her door (because I usually hear the gurgle of her water cooler or something like that) but there was nothing. I checked my cell phone, and, sure enough, two text messages. My running partner came down with a touch of the plague . . . she did sound awful yesterday. I had two options to choose from . . . one--return to my bed and curl-up in the still warm sheets or two--go running in the cold fog . . .

I went with cold fog.

And I am really proud of myself for doing so : )

That was the completion of three weeks of running three days a week. Again, really not that impressive, but I've got to start somewhere, and I am going with consistency and dedication.

Maybe I should have that transfer over to the papers I have to grade . . .

I have stated doing alternate due dates for my classes, and I have high hopes for a better return rate . . .

Whatever, all is good because I am going to Super Brand Mall tonight and getting Noodle Plus and going to Charter House Books. Yeah!!!!

This geek's got to go.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i give you credit. i tried running once in the morning and almost fell off the treadmill. this body is not a fan of physical exertion prior to double digit hours. :)