Hmm . . . I was debating whether to put these pictures up or not. While our apartment, admittedly, is a bit institutional, it is nowhere near as sad feeling as it seems in these images. But I am too lazy to take another set . . . so here is the unveiling:
Our lovely living room/dining room/kitchen:
Our coffee table is our everything. Dining, grading, computing, etc . . . it all happens here.

I had to include Whale, he holds our 1 yuan coins (and the worthless
jiao) until we are ready to spend them. He is good to us.

Yes, our refrigerator is really that small . . . good thing I have no intentions of cooking : )

Unfortunately, our book collection is really that small, too. Oh the pain . . . (By the way, just finished
Unaccustomed Earth By
Jhumpa Lahiri--solid--not as good as
Interpreter of Maladies, but it was worth my time)

Those two chairs and a little round table (like 1.5 ft
circumference) were all we had in the living room when we moving in. It was not fun.

Denis is being a good kid, doing his work. I, on the other hand, am taking pictures . . . some of you might recognize
House of the Scorpion on the table . . . that is what I should have been doing instead.

Our bathroom is crazy long--the length of the entire apartment. It is kind of good (as well as a bit weird, but hey, at least it doesn't contain a squat pot).

Our bedroom is huge, too. When we first moved in we only had one of everything--including towels and pillows . . . it was a bit rough. They (about one and a half weeks in) gave us and two other couples another apartment . . . in another building. Someone had been using ours, it reeked of smoke and was hideously dirty, but we were able to get a second wardrobe out of it (no closets in China) . . . unfortunately, our second apartment was soon commandeered by that building's supervisor. No second apartment for Nicole and Denis : (

And this is the bed we got at
Ikea. I LOVE IT. It is so wonderfully comfortable. The one that came with the apartment was a full sized bed and it was basically two box-springs on top of
each other--there was NO give to that thing. After spending one night on it, we were
desperate to get to
Ikea and do something about the situation. We also picked up a second night stand and some fun lamps. I am dealing with the mismatched furniture. It pains me at times, but I can't bear to imagine the alternative : )
Welcome to our home . . . like I said, it isn't as ugly as it looks. Really.
3 comments:
Haha - I have that same bed from Ikea!!
Did you get that foam type mattress? I don't think I have ever loved a bed that I owned as much as this one? It was a beast to put together, though :)
What is going on with your new place; will your bed be traveling there with you?
I love your appartment!!! It looks sooo cozy. I'm accumulating more goodies to send up with the next shipment to help fill your cabinets. It'll be two boxes this time. This way you can stay warm, and be full. I'll try to be creative.
Love you! both
Post a Comment